Time: August 21, 2016 from 2:30pm to 4:30pm
Location: Palos Verdes Peninsula Center Library Community Room
Street: 701 Silver Spur Rd.
City/Town: Rolling Hills Estates
Website or Map: http://www.pvpdemocrats.org/
Event Type: free, educational, activist, political, democratic
Organized By: PVP Democrats
Latest Activity: Aug 15, 2016
Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)
Recent judicial appointee and former RPV Mayor Tom Long will elaborate on UC Irvine Law School Dean, Erwin Chemerinsky’s 2015-16 Supreme Court Review video at the next PV Democrats meeting.
The following cases are discussed in the video:
• Evenwal v. Abbott (Texas voting rights)
• Fisher v. Univ. of Texas (affirmative action)
• Friedrichs v. Calif. Teachers Association (labor union protections)
• United States v. Texas (immigration)
• Whole Women’s Health v. Hellerstadt (abortion restrictions)
• Zubik v. Burwell (health insurance provider and contraceptives)
Open to all; handicapped accessible; free admission; free parking.
PVP Democrats has decided to hide the list of guests.
RSVP for 2015-16 Supreme Court: What Did They Do to us This Time? to add comments!
Join San Pedro News Pilot