SOUTH BAY DOWN SYNDROME ASSOCIATION
The South Bay Down Syndrome Association (SBDSA) is proud to host an Individualized Education Program
(IEP) training on Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 at 7:30pm.
This will be a two part series with the second half being offered in October. Christofer Arroyo from Area Board 10 will be presenting on the following topics during this evening's portion of the training:
• The structure of the IEP
• IEP Strategy: how to incorporate information about your child into the IEP and maximize your ability
to get what your child needs
• Options available to families
• How to get an independent educational evaluation (IEE)
• Detailed information concerning evaluations, present levels of performance, goals, objectives, services, accommodations, modifications, least restrictive environment, and placement
• Understanding consent and stay put so as to maximize needed services.
by Friday, August 12th. This is an adult only event so please arrange for childcare for your older children; infants are welcome.
Please bring a healthy food dish to share.